Audio

Tuesday 1 July 2014

The Silmarillion (for the non-Tolkien enthusiast)

This week I'll be doing something a little different. It struck me in a conversation last night that  the book itself is a difficult read, possibly so dense that one could pick it up three or four times and still have no idea what's going on. This is obviously a problem for me regarding the music, as I'd love people who aren't Tolkien nuts to enjoy the music and know what parts of the literature are being portrayed through the music. With that in mind, I will be endeavouring to summarize some of the plot and characters so that you will be able to get the most out of the music.

There are two helpful links posted below that are a good place to start. I'll be starting another segment of the blog which will function as a companion for reading the book for those who find the book too dense.

http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/reference/silmsummaries/home.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxU01IgoxU

No comments:

Post a Comment