Audio

Saturday 2 April 2016

Small steps

Today's been a day of little steps - the kind by which we travel far.

I started out by practicing my horn. That went well enough. But then I started working a recent idea. It's looking to be a dead ringer for "The House of Hurin." I started working on a largo last week while helping someone learning guitar. Amazing what messing about with a couple chords can do for you. I was hoping to having a sketch up on soundcloud but I was also working on a short film that should coming out later this month (it's a Western). I'll have a link ready here when it's out.

Going back to The House of Hurin, it's going to be a string quartet accompanied by piano and solo clarinet. The music itself will cover the parts of The Silmarillion after Hurin is captured by Morgoth in the Unnumbered Tears. So I'm looking forward to finishing this one this year. Hoping to have a mockup done by next post.

Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment