Audio

Sunday 20 March 2016

A slight diversion

Hi all,

I don't have much news for the past couple weeks, other than starting a new job which has taken the lion's share of my time. Pieces are being composed at a steady if not so speedy rate. But that's not what this post is about. I plan on doing more blogs like this one occasionally.

I often wonder about society, where the world's going etc. I constantly think on the applicability of Tolkien's writing. I think of how violent things seem, and how peaceable conflict resolution feels almost unattainable. And I realize that "the Professor" has many things to say about such things as violence, war, fear, hope, and friendship. I'm amazed on what we can learn from Tolkien's insights, whether written in his letters, or in his 'fairy stories'. So I'll be talking about these things from time to time in more detail. Best of wishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment