Audio

Saturday 8 July 2017

Score prep

This past week I've taken on score preparation of The Fall of Fingolfin. You may be wondering why, given the album is complete. Let me explain.

Often symphonies will call for new music to play, and my work certainly qualifies as that. Hence, I've been preparing the scores from the most recent cd, even though most of the parts are quite close to being finished. A couple of these calls are due in the next week and I plan on completing the scores in their entirety in hopes of securing a premier.

Many of these symphonies are local to the USA, and for that I'm grateful. However, if any of you good folks in other places in the world, whether India, Germany, France or anywhere else happen to know of a philharmonie or two looking for some new music, by all means let me know in the comments. Or even better, tell them about the Silmarillion Symphony!

No comments:

Post a Comment