Audio

Thursday 7 August 2014

Website coming and more awesome news...

I've spent a good chunk of the day and the last week sorting through audio files and preparing the symphony for mixing. Long process. I've also begun a website for the project and I am really excited about it. I'll post some screenshots when they're ready.

I am looking for artists (sketches, paintings, sculptures?) who'd like to display their art on my website and/or blog.

I've been going through different marketing approaches lately as well. Looking at conventions to go to, digital download cards, sample packs, jewelry...so many things. Also, the album to be released in the fall may need to be an EP (25 minutes or less) for a number of reasons. A full album is still the goal, but if I decide to go with an EP, the full album will wait until Spring 2015.

Regarding the forthcoming Kickstarter campaign, I am still open to any suggestions you might have regarding rewards. I'll be kicking off the Kickstarter very soon, so send your ideas in as soon as possible. You can see a little screenshot of the website homepage below...


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the new website! A slick looking site will promote this project to a wider audience, I think.
    What were your ideas for Kickstarter rewards?
    Maybe a live concert or showing? Or chance to sit in on live recordings?
    Maybe a reward could be letting someone contribute to the final recordings? Ie; musical contribution from either a professional musician or contribution on an instrument like the triangle lol for someone not so musically inclined. It would be for bragging rights to say that they made it onto the CD.)
    Or depending on how much is contributed, you could auction off the highest contributor to do the final cover artwork.
    Dunno, just trying to throw out ideas.

    ReplyDelete