Audio

Tuesday 17 June 2014

A little audio with a little backstory

Hi again friends, So I've been working away with the symphony and it seems the good news keeps flowing. It looks as though I'm through the writing stage for all of the first collection/rendition of the album. In my estimation the recording to be released in the fall will be between 45-60 minutes long.

For the last week I've been editing away and putting everything in the simplest form I could, arranging the pieces into distinct movements and forms etc. (This is all on the advice of my editor and you'll get to meet her later.)

The best news here is that you'll get to hear a clip of the music I have been working on, albeit in a rough draft form. The clip is from a piece is called "Dance of Thralls" which is the 3rd Movement of The Beginning of Days Suite. The inspiration is drawn from the book's chapters "Of The Beginning Of Days" and "Of The Coming Of The Elves And The Captivity Of Melkor." The piece illustrates how Melkor not only had slaves and co-workers in his evil, but how he ensnared the Elves and tormented them. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2feSyHa-P2Q&feature=youtu.be

So enjoy! I'll be aiming to post at least one audio clip a week so you can keep apprised of the goings on with the project!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment